Peace & Love!!

Picture
I know, I know, its 20 degrees out.  But I wanted to post this as an example of something I do for myself (when its a tad warmer).  To me, lying in a hammock is as luxurious as taking a bubble bath or getting a massage.  And being able to have this view is a bonus!

First, you need to decide that it's ok to take some time for yourself.  It will feel uncomfortable - push through that feeling.  You deserve some "me time".  We all do.  It took me a long time to realize and accept that it was ok.  I've actually gotten rather good at it!

So what five things can you do for yourself right now that don't cost a mint and won't take you hours?

Best Personalized Jewelry
#1.  Take a bath

Seems simple enough but what I really mean is, send the kids with your husband, turn on some music, light some candles, put a cup of epsom salt and 2 drops of lavendar oil in the tub and go soak.   If you don't want to listen to music, pick up a book and start reading.  You need to spend some time in the tub and really, REALLY relax.

#2.  Read a book

Ok, you can't sneak away to the tub.  Grab a book and head to your bedroom.  Or carry a book with you to work and find a place to read for 20 to 30 minutes a day.  Losing yourself in a story is a great way to destress.  My favorite indulgence these days is listening to audiobooks.  Check out www.audible.com to see what they have.  I think you'll be surprised.  I find that there are times when I can't silence my mind enough to focus on reading a book but listening to a book is a whole different experience.
Best Personalized Jewelry
#3.  Craft

Do you enjoy crafting but never have the time to indulge in it?  I keep a skein of yarn, a pattern and a crochet hook on my night stand.  The satisfaction of making progress on a project is emence even if it is slight progress.  I love to crochet - as a matter of fact, I have a yarn addiction.  I also love to sew but my sewing machine is too big for my night stand! ;)  JoAnn Fabric, Craftsy and Pinterest have great, free projects.

#4.  Go shopping

ALONE.  Enough said.  Ok - not enough.  Go somewhere other than Walmart or the grocery store.  Go to a craft store or that little gift shop you don't dare to take the kids in.  Wander around - you don't have to buy anything - just enjoy yourself.
#5.  Purchase an exercise video (and actually  use it)

It doesn't have to be a complicated workout video.  You need something to get your body moving.  A beginner yoga video or a stretching video.  Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier and get up a couple of times a week to do the video.
The bottom line is this:  You are important.  You do a ton of things for everyone else every day without complaint.  You run yourself ragged.  Take some time this weekend and do one thing for yourself.  It will invigorate you.  At first, it will really be uncomfortable taking the time away from everyone else.  Just push through the feeling and sink into the tub of water.  It will be fine - it will be better than fine - IT WILL BE FANTASTIC!

Happy Friday Soul Sisters!!!!

Comments

09/18/2016 8:21am

Giving yourself with the time to do the things you love to do is so rewarding. After a long day at work, I usually don't just head directly home. I go to a nearby coffee shop and grab my favorite hot choco to sip and relax while walking. Just a simple activity where I can release all the stress and pressure because of my job. This is why I always came home happy and I still have the energy to play with my kids.

03/05/2017 12:53pm

There are many ways to make time for yourself. When you do, that's a gift or reward for yourself, after all the stress and hard work. You can't push yourself to the limit, you can no longer handle everything and you are already getting sick because of it, that's very unhealthy. It's okay to relax once in a while, that's not a waste of time you just have to balance things in order to do them all.

04/20/2017 12:03am

It is necessary to pamper yourself and give enough time for it. Resting is important because we are not programmed for all day all night shifts. We should have time to relax even for just a day. Relaxing eases the mind and the body and it is helpful because it boosts your energy and other aspects. A person cannot live being tired all day and it is vital for the health. This is a good post regarding on giving advice about resting and relaxing.

03/22/2017 7:34pm

Rewarding yourself with a good break after a stressful week or month is good for yourself. You'll have the chance to relax your mind and have a rest. Doing it with your sister will be great as well! Not only you'll relax yourself, but you'll have the chance to bond and know your sister as well. When you try and look forward at this, it'll be very exciting. Have a fun weekend everyone!

I am really stressed these past few weeks because it was our final week on our school and we have to do some school works and take a final exam. In addition to that, we also need to look for a company where we can have our internship which is not really an easy thing to do. So me and my friends are actually planning to go to the amusement park and have some fun after our internship for we believe that we all deserve to rest and have some fun after this very stressful semester.

12/02/2016 11:01am

I think I deserve it. I will definitely do that. I need to care about myself.

12/05/2016 4:23am

I think that the key is to love yourself and really do what you want to do. Because it's important for you.

02/07/2017 9:04pm

I'm tired in all negativity that I have in this world. I need some alone time or my time. I need some place that I can release all the stress and pressure that I have because of my job. I am glad that I found your amazing blog. It's a big help for me, and I think I deserve to have a me time. The content of your blog is simple but meaningful.Thank you for sharing this wonderful tip with us. I am satisfied with what you have shared with us. Can't wait to read more. Keep posting!

08/05/2017 4:06am